[cvsnt] cvsignore file

abhishek jaiswal abhi658606 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 6 07:54:18 BST 2004

Hi everyone

I was importing some porject to CVS Repository. During this operation
it showed "I" for some files while "N" for other files

Now files for which "I" was shown is ignored by the cvs. The file was
an .exe file. Then I read the follwing help page regarding cvsignore

http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/cvsignore.html

Now my question is
1) I didn't found any cvsignore file in CVSROOT directory of the
repository. Hence should I make it. If yes then should I keep it
under cvs like module or postcommit file or should I make it directly
without placing it under cvs like admin or history file

2) I want to specify to cvs not to ignore .exe files as I want to
place it under cvs. However I don't want to use -I! everytime as it
forces to ignore all the file extension specified to ignore. Hence is
there any alternative way.

Thank you
Abhishek