[cvsnt] Re: cvsignore file

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Sep 6 09:20:43 BST 2004

abhishek jaiswal wrote:

> 2) I want to specify to cvs not to ignore .exe files as I want to
> place it under cvs. However I don't want to use -I! everytime as it
> forces to ignore all the file extension specified to ignore. Hence is
> there any alternative way.

The cvsignore is mainly used during import, so for the few times you do
that using -I! is enough.  Once a file is added to CVS the cvsignore
doesn't apply.

The default cvsignore is:
. .. core RCSLOG tags TAGS RCS SCCS .make.state .nse_depinfo #* .#*
cvslog.* ,* CVS CVS.adm .del-* *.a *.olb *.o *.obj *.so *.Z *~ *.old
*.elc *.ln *.bak *.BAK *.orig *.rej *.exe *.dll *.pdb *.lib *.exp _$* *$

You can just specify the ones that you need on the command line.

Creating a systemwide cvsignore will override these globally, so that's
an option if you do import a lot.