[cvsnt] cvs [server aborted]: can't create temporary directory C:\Program Files\cvsnt\Temp\cvs-serv724: Permisssion Denied

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Thu Sep 9 02:37:31 BST 2004

I just downloaded cvsnt v 2.0.51d and installed it.

I use the service control panel to create a respository in
c:\CVSROOT_SermonClips

I'm running Windows XP Prof SP 1 and I hate it's new user interface.

C:\Program Files cvsnt\cvsnt\cvs.exe -d
:pserver:Siegfried at 127.0.0.1:/CVSROOT_Sermonclips login

It accepts my password. Now I try

C:\Program Files cvsnt\cvsnt\cvs.exe -d
:pserver:Siegfried at 127.0.0.1:/CVSROOT_Sermonclips status

And I get the error in the subject line.  I'm currently logged in as
Siegfried. I don't know how to log in as Administrator. I don't remember
specifying an administrator password when I installed XP Pro.

So I try to right mouse click on the temporary folder and change the
permissions but it does not have the UI I'm accustomed to. To share a
folder, it says; drag the folder to shared document folder. This is not what
I want!

So what do I do?

   Thanks,

     Siegfried