[cvsnt] cvswrappers file

abhishek jaiswal abhi658606 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 07:30:07 BST 2004

Hi everyone

I wanted to assign the default type "binary or text" to files based
on their extension. Hence I tried to study regarding what changes has
to be done in cvswrappers file to achieve above requirement.

http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/Wrappers.html

It helped me a lot, however was not clear to full extent

here are some of my doubts
1) If nothing is specified in cvswrappers then which are the default
values taken by cvs. And how to know them.
For e.g if nothing is specified for *.exe or say *.xyz then how will
cvs treat it and how can I know that it will treat it in this
particular way.

2)Does all the entries has to be made on a new line

3) for *.gif file which of the entry is correct

*.gif -m 'COPY' -k 'b'

OR

*.gif -m 'COPY'
*.gif -k 'b'

4) Can anyone provide me with a list of extension which are generally
treated as binary and which are treated as text.

bye
Abhishek