[cvsnt] Re: OT: ViewCVS Setup Problem

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Sep 13 18:16:51 BST 2004

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:50:17 +0200, Olaf Groeger <Olaf.Groeger at gmx.de>
wrote:

>[snip]
>
>i checked the installation and found that this key doesn't exist.
>> PythonWin32Exists := RegKeyExists(HKLM, 'Software\Python\Pythonwin');
>[snip]
>
>I poked around a little bit in the cvs server of the win32 extensions
>project at sourceforge and couldn't find any trace of this key. It seems
>that the installation only writes below "Software\Python\PythonCore". Is it
>possible that this key has been generated by the WISE installer, which was
>formerly used? For about 7 month the project uses distutils and maybe this
>key has lost while switching the installation.
>
>Olaf
I have tested with ActiveState Python distribution and that will put
these keys in place.
I think I also checked the registry settings for Python.org installs
about a year or so back and they also used these keys so that is why
the check is done like this.
Can you send me the exact key the win32 extensions uses so that I can
update the installer?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)