[cvsnt] Re: 2.5.01.1927 $USER in loginfo

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Thu Apr 28 12:07:16 BST 2005

>FYI, the latest test version 2.5.01.1949 fixes this problem.
>Glen Starrett

And unfortunately because my home PC crashed I cannot create and publish
an InnoSetup version of the 1949 version yet. I am still struggling with
the new hardware to get it to recognize my old system disk so I don't
have to install all the zillions applications I use again...

BTW, is there anyone out there who knows a way to do the following:
- Take XP-Pro SP2 system disk from broken PC
- Ghost it to a new disk (same size and type)
- Put into new built PC (with more recent hardware)
- Do "something" to make Windows XP reconfigure itself for the new HW

I have Ghosted the old drive to a brand new one just to be safe not
to destroy my old drive. But the XP setup CD does not recognize this
as an existing install that can be "Repaired" (which is what I expected
was needed to find the new hardware). It talkes about a different operating
system existing on the dive already...

Any ideas?
(sorry for stealing the thread, please reply directly to me only...)