[cvsnt] cvsnt on windows workgroup

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Thu Apr 28 12:19:27 BST 2005

If you duplicate the user accounts on your workstation PC:s to the
server PC (create accounts with the same username and password) then
you can use :sspi:, which is most transparent and easy to use.

If this is not possible then the next thing to do (in a closed environ-
ment like a company LAN) is to create one or two user accounts on the
server for CVS access. THen use the :pserver: protocol.
In this case you will have to add the allowed users for pserver by
executing the cvs passwd command and add the CVS users with their
CVS passwords while aliasing each of them to the created user account
on the server.
This will make CVS operate with the permissions of that server account
but store the :pserver: usernames into the CVS logs so that you still
will get to know who did what.

/Bo