[cvsnt] Re: SSH security holes?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Apr 28 13:32:58 BST 2005

Chris Morris wrote:
> I'm currently discussing with our sysadmins setting up CVSNT with SSH to
> allow us developers to access the repository from home, but they are
> concerned that SSH has some current exploits/vunerabilities that they
> are not confident in. I'm not current on this topic and was wondering if
> anyone could shed some light. Thx.

You'd be better off with an ssh newsgroup for any current issues, but
I'm not aware of any current ssh security holes (I think there was one 6
months ago or so).

SSH is probably one of the most secure products out there... it's the
one protocol that almost every admin lets through their firewall without
worrying about it.