[cvsnt] "unknown protocol" error after upgrading

Ann Lynnworth ann at href.com
Tue Aug 2 01:21:48 BST 2005

Today I upgraded from cvsnt 2.0.51.c to  I used the
Windows msi installer.  I did not see any error messages during
installation nor in the event log. During installation, I kept
sserver checked (on), and its DLL is in the program folder as would
be expected.

However, when I try to update my files using a client (tortoise cvs),
with the exact same saved settings which used to work, I get this error:

cvs.exe update: SSL connection failed (-1): error:140770FC:SSL
routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol
cvs.exe [update aborted]: Connection to server failed

I have already tried using genkey to create another cvsnt-default.pem
file, but that did not help.

Would the SSL port have changed?  Any help would be very much appreciated.