[cvsnt] Windows Server 2003 service pack 1 install broke my cvsnt

VILA Jean-Louis jvila at sword-group.com
Wed Aug 3 07:56:06 BST 2005

Hi all,

Permission with Windows is always the same thing !!!

I break my head on several problems with "permission denied" and found some solutions :

	--> User which runs service (pserver, sshd ..) must have some extended rights and in W2003, those default extended rights for Adminstrators, System etc ..., has changed and the first impact is that a process couldn't not invoke setuid(..) method whitout raising a permission exception which is pretty boring for a pserver or sshd !!!

	--> I found a lot of informations in cygwin site
http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/cygwin-ug-net.html
		Look at for necessary extended rights :
	            . "Switching User Context"
			. "New setuid concept"