TR: [cvsnt] Tag bug?

Nicolas Courtiller ncourtiller at sgcc.com
Wed Aug 3 13:46:15 BST 2005

Hello,

> Now I have list of files like this:
> aaa.txt 1.1 -kkv Text PRE_SOMEBUG
> bbb.txt 1.2 -kkv Text PRE_SOMEBUG
>
> When I try to change and commit aaa.txt CVS says there is a version
> problem - it can't find a aaa.txt tagged with PRE_SOMEBUG tag -
> which is correct 'couse I never tagged it like this.

You can't commit change on file aaa.txt because it was CO by tag and
therfore have a "sticky tag". You can only commit change on head branch
revision ("main" or other). I gess that the word "tag" in your error message
mean in fact "branch tag" (that used to confuse me too).

best regards,
Nicolas Courtiller.