[cvsnt] Re: Problem connecting to repository using SSPI

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at system3r.se
Wed Aug 3 22:35:23 BST 2005

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 14:29:44 -0700, "Matt Schuckmann"
<matthew_schuckmann at amat.com> wrote:

>Yes I think that is about right I'm not sure if it's VirutalPC.
>
>IT wanted the CVS stuff isolated from everything else and this is the way
>they wanted to do it.
>
>Up till now it seemed to be working fine. Bo, do you have any experience
>with this and any reason for suspecting issues?

I've been using VirtualPC off and on to debug stuff meant for
platforms like OS/2 Warp, Fedora Core Linux and others and using VPC
spares me a separate PC and Ghosting schemes to do it.

However, I have had my share of networking problems doing that, for
example the DHCP network address pick-up does not correctly make the
virtual PC part of my DNS for the remainder of the network. I'd expect
a server running like this could find itself in more trouble, but I
have not installed a server in this environment (it requires Microsoft
Virtual Server, which I don't have).

HTH,
Bo

/Bo Berglund