[cvsnt] Re: problem in running C# (.Net Application) files after checkout(second time post)

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Fri Aug 5 09:49:21 BST 2005

ankush grover wrote:

> hey friends,
>
> Today I downloaded the recent version of CVSNT and WInCVS from their
> respective sites.My Company is using .(dot)Net Application for
> building softwares.I created 1 repository on Windows XP Pro SP2 named
> "testing". I imported one module to this repository ,but while
> importing the module the Wincvs showed some errors in "Import Filter"
> Windows.

For WinCvs support go here:

> "  File has some escape characters in it (0x00-ox20,0x......"
> "   Type ".resources"   Entry kind -- Binary.
> "  Type *.cs "   Entry kind --Text

This implies that your .resources file is not pure text (according to the
WinCVS filters)... it thinks are some control codes lurking within it. The
WinCVS filter could be wrong... or your file could be corrupt.

[snip]
> I check the few files i can see  there are
> some randon characters in the code like
>
> public class ODToolBarButtonCollection:CollectionBase{??
> ??
>                ///<summary>Returns the Button with the given
>                index.</summary>?? public ODToolBarButton this[int
>      get{??
>                                return((ODToolBarButton)List[index]);??
>

> These ?? marks are not there in the original source code and these are
> shown as boxes when I opened this file with .(dot)Net Studio.

Your end-of-line characters are wrong.

--
David Somers
VoIP: FWD 622885