[cvsnt] Re: Latest Updates - CVSNT 2.5.02 Build 2048

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Aug 9 06:44:48 BST 2005

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 01:27:40 +0000 (UTC), "Oliver Giesen"
<ogware at gmx.net> wrote:

>After upgrading your script (i.e. the latest one from the CVSNT
>repository, not the one from your extrafiles.zip) to Inno 5.1.4 I used
>the /LOG function (which is generally a great way of identifying
>problems with Inno installs). I was able to identify the problem as the
>call to the RegisterCvs function that was following both the
>installation of cvs.exe and cvsapi.dll .

Thanks Oliver, one of these days I will upgrade my Innosetup as well,
but since there are incompatibilities between versions 4 and 5 I can't
do it easily as we use about 50 different scripts for installing our
products...

>According to a note from Tony
>(nntp://news.cvsnt.org/support.cvsnt/20109) cvs.exe no longer requires
>registration, only cvstools.dll does (which does currently not happen
>in your installer).

And that was a response to a question by myself too...
Only defense:
1) I have had a lot of computer crashes since April 15 with constant
troubleshooting and rebuilds.
2) Summer holiday season

>It also seems that the infolib.h file is not tagged with the
>CVSNT_2_5_02_2048 tag in the CVSNT repository so it seems like it
>should also no longer be included in the installer. I have attached my
>revised version of the installer script to this message. Note that the
>only things I verified after my changes were that the script compiles
>without warnings and that the installer runs without errors and that
>the services are indeed started. I have not tested the installed
>product itself yet.
>
>The changes I made were these:
>- adjust a few function signatures and constants to make the script
>compile with the newer Inno version.
>- remove the RegisterCvs function and its references.
>- commented out infolib.h file entry
>- added regtypelib flag to cvstools.dll entry

I did this too and recompiled the installer with inno 4. Works fine
now as far as I can see.

>P.S.: I do currently not have the possibility of uploading my compiled
>installer anywhere that would have sufficient bandwidth, but if anyone
>cares to host it I could send it by mail.

I have updated the installer on my site now.

>P.S.: The shortcut to the control panel applet was also broken... The
>CPL got installed to {app} while the start menu entry would point to
>{sys} - but only if the cvsnt.cpl already existed in that place
>otherwise there'd be no shortcut at all - this appeared to be wrong
>either way... Personally, I would prefer the file being installed to
>{sys} as in theory that way it should really turn up in the control
>panel - but when I do this I cannot even start the applet... how does
>the MSI installer handle this?

I don't see this problem on my PC, the Control Panel shortcut sits
there just fine.

>Now, back to generally enjoying my holidays... ;)
Mine ended yesterday... :-(

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)