[cvsnt] Re: Latest Updates - CVSNT 2.5.02 Build 2048

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Aug 9 10:20:21 BST 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:

> > P.S.: The shortcut to the control panel applet was also broken...
> > The CPL got installed to {app} while the start menu entry would
> > point to {sys} - but only if the cvsnt.cpl already existed in that
> > place otherwise there'd be no shortcut at all - this appeared to be
> > wrong either way... Personally, I would prefer the file being
> > installed to {sys} as in theory that way it should really turn up
> > in the control panel - but when I do this I cannot even start the
> > applet... how does the MSI installer handle this?
> I don't see this problem on my PC, the Control Panel shortcut sits
> there just fine.

Try it with a fresh install (i.e. on a machine that does have no traces
of a previous installation). Your shortcut is probably pointing to an
older version of the CPL that was put in {sys} by a previous
installation. According to the Inno script you committed, there's no
way the installed CPL could actually be where the shortcut is pointing

Source: cvsnt.cpl; DestDir: {app}; <.snip.>
Name: {group}\Service control panel; Filename: {sys}\cvsnt.cpl; <.snip.>
Flags: createonlyiffileexists;

This way on a clean machine there will be no shortcut (because of the
createonlyiffileexists flag). When I change the DestDir for the file
entry to {sys}, the shortcut is created but nothing happens when I
click on it. When I change the Filename of the icon entry to {app} the
shortcut is there and works but the applet does not show in control

JID:  ogiesen at jabber.org
ICQ:  18777742     (http://wwp.icq.com/18777742)