[cvsnt] Re: Latest Updates - CVSNT 2.5.02 Build 2048

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Aug 9 20:04:15 BST 2005

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 09:20:21 +0000 (UTC), "Oliver Giesen"
<ogware at gmx.net> wrote:

>Try it with a fresh install (i.e. on a machine that does have no traces
>of a previous installation). Your shortcut is probably pointing to an
>older version of the CPL that was put in {sys} by a previous
>installation.
No cvsnt.cpl file in my {sys} dir....
And if so it would have shown up as the odl version too.

> According to the Inno script you committed, there's no
>way the installed CPL could actually be where the shortcut is pointing
>to:
>
>[Files]
>Source: cvsnt.cpl; DestDir: {app}; <.snip.>
>                            ^^^^^
>[Icons]
>Name: {group}\Service control panel; Filename: {sys}\cvsnt.cpl; <.snip.>
>                                               ^^^^^
>Flags: createonlyiffileexists;
This line should be changed to point to the {app} dir as well, but I
don't think Control Panel icons can be created this way. (see below)

>This way on a clean machine there will be no shortcut (because of the
>createonlyiffileexists flag). When I change the DestDir for the file
>entry to {sys}, the shortcut is created but nothing happens when I
>click on it. When I change the Filename of the icon entry to {app} the
>shortcut is there and works but the applet does not show in control
>panel.

I think that Tony placed the applet into the control panel by this
registry setting (wrapped):
[Registry]
Root: HKLM; Subkey: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control
Panel\Cpls; ValueType: string; ValueName: CVSNT; ValueData:
{app}\cvsnt.cpl; Flags: uninsdeletevalue; Components: Server;
MinVersion: 0,5.0.2195

I have done the following and updated the installer on the website:
- Placed the control panel shortcut in the CVSNT program group using
{app}\cvsnt.cpl
- Checked if I had any cvsnt.cpl in {sys}, but I don't
- Built the installer again
- Ran the installer

I now have the control panel applet in Control Panel as before and now
also in the CVSNT program group. Both work and executes the same cpl
file.

I don't have a "bare" PC to test on at the moment so I cannot verify
the way it works.
However, from several months ago we had the problem also with the cpl
not showing up and then it was dus to some Microsoft dll:s not being
present in the correct version. This is hard to check on my
development machine though...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)