[cvsnt] Re: cvs [update aborted]: cvs_encrypt_wrap_input failed: error

Gyökeres Ladislav gyokeres at ba.psg.sk
Wed Aug 10 23:14:34 BST 2005

Tony,
the problem is solved (even if I don't know exactly how). Our problem was
that the network settings were changed on the server. The server is no
longer a member of domain but a workgroup. This change caused the user
passwords to expire on the server (anybody knows why?). It required to
change the password by next logon, but because the accounts are used only to
access the CVS sever, the passwords couldn't be changed.
I seems that Win2K internally (file access, etc.) followed this rule, but in
"Local Users and Groups" (LUaG) settings the account seemed to be not
blocked. Finally, I received a "password expired" error message after I
changed the user accounts in LUaG. The next time I tried to login by WinCVS,
I received this error message.
So it seems it is more likely a Windows bug than a cvsnt problem.

Thank you for your reply.
Laco

news:dco22h$she$1 at paris.nodomain.org...