[cvsnt] CVS/CVSNT Client Metadata Compatibility (repost)

Weiss, Adam BGI SF Adam.Weiss at barclaysglobal.com
Thu Aug 11 02:25:42 BST 2005

Hey Folks,

I have a bunch of clients out there running cvs 1.11 on Windows that
have a bunch of sandboxes checked out.  I want to upgrade them to CVSNT
2.0.51d (on the client, leaving the server alone).  Does CVSNT maintain
compatibility with these cvs 1.11 checked out sandboxes?  (ie: Can it
deal with the metadata dirs created by cvs 1.11?  or is it a bad idea to
attempt to use sandboxes created with cvs 1.11 which CVSNT 2.0.51d?)

Thanks,

--adam

(this is a much more concise repost of a prior message)