[cvsnt] Re: Basic Linux server install questions

Calvin Deiterich cedmail at comcast.net
Fri Aug 12 01:21:56 BST 2005

David,
OK, I took your suggestion and changed the repository.
When I run cvs admin I get a CVSROOT not defined.
As I said, I am really new to this and pretty much lost at this point.
Thanks
Calvin

>/ I am trying to setup the cvsnt server on a Linux box running RedHat 9.0
/>/ I downloaded the .rpm and installed it.
/[snip]
>/ CVS Server Configuration - I uncommented the repository lines:
/>/ Repository0=/usr/local/cvs
/>/ Repository0Name=/cvs
/>/ Repository0Description=ETS Repository
/[snip]
>/ I then ran the cvs -d :local:/usr/local/cvs  init
/
/var/lib/cvsnt would be a more logical place to put your repository.

>/ In the SmartCVS I use:
/>/ User root
/>/ Server address 172.16.100.103
/>/ Path to repository /usr/local/cvs
/>/ and the password.
/
Path to repository should be /cvs since this is what you've specified in
Repository0Name=/cvs

>/ After that point I am lost.  I am not sure what else I need to do or
/>/ change or point to another location to make it work. Any ideas would be
/>/ greatly appreciated. Thanks
/
Does cvs work from the command line?

--