[cvsnt] Unrecognized operation '\x0' with file with binary diffs

John Hall john-news3 at cambridgetechgroup.com
Tue Aug 23 12:01:43 BST 2005

Hi,

I converted some files to be stored as binary diffs, and now when I run 'cvs
log' one of them gives:
cvs [server aborted]: unrecognized operation '\x0' in
/cvs/xjtag/dev/help/XJAnalyserTutorial/Images/ChainWindowListandWatch.bmp,v

This is with 2.5.01 on both the client and the server. The status of the
file is:

File: ChainWindowListandWatch.bmp       Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:    1.5
   Repository revision: 1.5
/cvs/xjtag/dev/help/XJAnalyserTutorial/Images/ChainWindowListandWatch.bmp,v
   Expansion option:    B
   Commit Identifier:   19842de5ac657fa
   Sticky Tag:          (none)
   Sticky Date:         (none)
   Sticky Options:      -kB
   Merge From:          (none)

Any ideas how I might go about fixing this? I can send copies of the
repository file if anyone wanted to track the bug down.

regards,
John