[cvsnt] Re: Unrecognized operation '\x0' with file with binary diffs

John Hall john-news3 at cambridgetechgroup.com
Tue Aug 23 12:06:44 BST 2005

"John Hall" <john-news3 at cambridgetechgroup.com> wrote in message
news:785c.430b0208.3173e at mail.cambridgetechgroup.com...

> I converted some files to be stored as binary diffs, and now when I run
> 'cvs log' one of them gives:
> cvs [server aborted]: unrecognized operation '\x0' in
> /cvs/xjtag/dev/help/XJAnalyserTutorial/Images/ChainWindowListandWatch.bmp,v
>
> This is with 2.5.01 on both the client and the server. The status of the
> file is:
>
> File: ChainWindowListandWatch.bmp       Status: Up-to-date
>
>   Working revision:    1.5
>   Repository revision: 1.5
> /cvs/xjtag/dev/help/XJAnalyserTutorial/Images/ChainWindowListandWatch.bmp,v
>   Expansion option:    B
>   Commit Identifier:   19842de5ac657fa
>   Sticky Tag:          (none)
>   Sticky Date:         (none)
>   Sticky Options:      -kB
>   Merge From:          (none)
>
> Any ideas how I might go about fixing this? I can send copies of the
> repository file if anyone wanted to track the bug down.

I just tried deleting the revisions created in converting to binary diffs
(I'm not sure why I managed to create two commits doing it), but the problem
remains, so perhaps it is nothing to do with binary diffs. The file status
is:

File: ChainWindowListandWatch.bmp       Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:    1.3
   Repository revision: 1.3
/cvs/xjtag/dev/help/XJAnalyserTutorial/Images/ChainWindowListandWatch.bmp,v
   Expansion option:    b
   Commit Identifier:   72842cceb94690f
   Sticky Tag:          (none)
   Sticky Date:         (none)