[cvsnt] Re: Two repository names for one physical repository?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Thu Dec 8 11:54:26 GMT 2005

Oliver Koltermann wrote:

> Is this possible? Will concurrent access to the repository over the
> different repository name be handled correctly? (e.g. does the
> LockServer work with the physical path)

Yes this works fine... the repository alias is just what the user sees
so it doesn't matter what it is.

  > BTW: The LockServerProtocol page in the wiki seems to be out of
> date. When sending "Lock Read Advisory Directory|c:/repo/test" I get
> the answer "001 FAIL Unknown flag 'Directory'". CVSLock Version 2.1.

That's out of date...  there are no directory locks any more (we used to
lock entire directories recursively for certain operations - don't do
that any more).  I need to get that sorted at some point.