[cvsnt] Re: cvsWeb nt for winXP

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at system3r.se
Tue Dec 13 13:45:46 GMT 2005

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 07:49:57 +0200, "Eng. Mina Ramses"
<mina.ramses at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hey may anyone help me , i installed CVSNT and CVSweb on WinXP Prof.
>SP2 with ActivePerl and Apache 1.3, the CVSWEB.CGI loaded correctly
>with structure of my directory inside my repos. but when i tried to
>open CVSROOT or any other directory i got error "Failed to spawn GNU
>rlog", i have RCS 5.7 and it has a win32 directory to where i pointed
>the PATH $ENV variable and the $ENV inside the CVSWEB.cgi ,also i
>tried to run rlog  from the command line and it's there in the path
>the directory where i have my repos. is in NTFS file system which is a
>network file system any idea about this error ?

I don't think that CVSWeb is compatible with CVSNT any longer.
According to what I know the only compatible web browser that you can
use with later CVSNT versiosn is VewCvs.
I have publised a simple installer for ViewCvs that does about
everything you need to do to get it up and running with all te bells
and whistles except database support (which I don't need).
You could alwasy give that a shot:
http://web.telia.com/~u86216121/ViewCvsSetup.html

And the reason for the incompatibility lies in the inability of the
RCC 5.7 tools (10 years old by now) to parse the expanded RCS file
format used by CVSNT...

/Bo Berglund