[cvsnt] Re: about CVSNT2.5.03 and taginfo

Xiaoyan Jin xiaoyan.jin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 09:43:34 GMT 2005

Hi,

Now I can config CVSROOT.
So only the second and third questions are still opened...

2. What's the "Run as user" and "Anonymous User" mean? ( "Server settings"
page of CVSNT2.5.03)
3. Can CVSNT2.5.03 taginfo distinguish tag and branch?? I tryed the
following method:

aaa c:/returnpara.exe %s %v %o %p %t

added the above script in taginfo file. And all the para can be returned.
But if I added "%b" ( according the CVSNT document, I think it should return
the tag type), but server return the following words and then stopped the
operation:

cvs [tag aborted]: end of file from server (consult above message if any)

so what's going on and how can taginfo distinguish tag and branch?

Thank again!

Greetings,
Amy