[cvsnt] Re: Commit error : C:\WINNT\TEMP\cvs11.tmp: No such file or directory

Glen Starrett glen at starretthome.net
Thu Dec 22 14:44:17 GMT 2005

rajiv kumar wrote:
>   Hi There,
>   I am getting the following error while commiting with non admin user..
>
>   cvs server: C:\WINNT\TEMP\cvs11.tmp: No such file or directory
>   cvs [server aborted]: error diffing Course.cs
>
>   I set SystemAuth=NO and the user using which I am checkin the file, is available in passwd file.
>
>   I have the following configuration
>   Client: 2.0.51d (client/server)
> Server: 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2151 (client/server)
>
>   I tried to checkin with admin user and I was able to checkin. Looks like I am missing something in setting up the repository.

It's a permissions error.  You should change the CVSTEMP directory
(through the control panel) to something other than winnt\temp and
assign all CVS users full rights to that directory (or in your case, the
'run as' user for CVSNT since you're using the passwd file).

Another note -- generally it is advisable to just use the simplest setup
of SSPI protocol and Win users to control access to your repository.
Unless there's a reason you diverged from that setup you should consider
using it.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett