[cvsnt] Questions - CVSNT, SSPI, Samba, AD

Zurd zurd3 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 1 18:51:39 GMT 2005

Hi, we have a PDC running Windows 2000 with Active
Directory.  All users and groups are stored on this
machine.

We also have a Linux - Red Hat server with CVSNT
installed (by RPM) and Samba.  This machine has a lot
of gigs free so the CVSNT repositery is on this one.
>From a Windows machine in the network we can see our
samba share without any problems for just a few users
(the developers of course), other users cannot access
it.

So we are using winbind for this authentication and we
would like to use SSPI to connect to our CVSNT server.

Trying a telnet to port 2402 (lockserver) or 2401 is
succesful on the Linux-RedHat computer, it's all good.

But we cannot authenticate to the CVSNT Server!
Always says 'no such user', we are having trouble
understanding some functions.

First, we have /home/cvs/test/test_module
so test = repositery and test_module = our module
where all our projects are in.

Here are some of my config files :

/etc/cvsnt/PServer :
Repository0=/home/cvs/test
Repository0Name=/test
WinbindWrapper=/usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
#RunAsUser=nobody

CVSROOT/config :
SystemAuth=yes
LockServer=localhost:2402

CVSROOT/admin :
root

CVSROOT/modules :
key test_module

CVSROOT/passwd
user_test:

/etc/xinetd.d/cvs :
        service cvspserver
        {
              disable        = no
              socket_type    = stream
              wait           = no
              user           = root
              group          = root
              log_type       = FILE
/var/log/cvspserver
              env            = 'HOME=/home/cvs/test'
              server         = /usr/bin/cvs
              server_args    = pserver
        }

Any help or even just an hint would be greatly
appreciated, I googled for hours and read a lot of
documentation on cvsnt.org/wiki but still can't make
it work.

Finally, does server_args = pserver is what I should
use when using the SSPI protocol ?

Thanks in advance for all your answers :-)

Zurd