[cvsnt] cvsnt and defect tracking

Mike Lehmann meiklehmann at gmx.de
Tue Feb 1 19:05:18 GMT 2005


> 1) Do many of you use defect tracking software? If so,
> which one?

We do not run defact tracking software, but issue tracking software. To be 
exact: JIRA from www.atlassian.com. It is the best I've seen so far - and I 
have seen much.

> 2) If you do run defect tracking software, is it
> integrated with cvsnt? 

Of course not, because tracking issues and tracking sources are two 
different things.

> 3) I am aware of need to minimize applications running
> on the cvsnt server... That being said, do many of you
> run your defect tracking package on the cvsnt server
> anyways? Do many of you run a webserver on the cvsnt
> server (for ViewCVS?)? Has there been much impact? Was
> anything done to minimize the hit on cvsnt? 

I don't know, what server hardware you are using, but our P4 ~2.5GHz, 512MB 
RAM has no problems to handle a Tomcat (the webserver for JIRA) and CVSNT 
and other stuff.

--
Mike Lehmann


Dianne Chen schrieb:
> Hi all-
> 
> Can I get some help from the group on the following:
> 
> 1) Do many of you use defect tracking software? If so,
> which one?
> 2) If you do run defect tracking software, is it
> integrated with cvsnt? 
> 3) Having done a Google, I am aware of the following
> Bugzilla related links:
> Bugzilla:  http://www.bugzilla.org
> CVSZilla:  http://homepages.kcbbs.gen.nz/~tonyg/  
> (perl "glue" that integrates CVS with Bugzilla and
> CVSWeb or ViewCVS)
> CVS Bugzilla Integration at 
> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~stevem/software/cvs-bugzilla/
> 
> SCMBug:    http://freshmeat.net/projects/scmbug/
> 
> Are there many cvsnt-Bugzilla users out there?
> 
> 3) I am aware of need to minimize applications running
> on the cvsnt server... That being said, do many of you
> run your defect tracking package on the cvsnt server
> anyways? Do many of you run a webserver on the cvsnt
> server (for ViewCVS?)? Has there been much impact? Was
> anything done to minimize the hit on cvsnt? 
> 
> Thanks for any comments.
> 
> DC
> 
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
> http://mail.yahoo.com 
> _______________________________________________
> cvsnt mailing list
> cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook
> http://www.cvsnt.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/cvsnt https://www.march-hare.com/cvspro/en.asp#downcvs
> 
> 




More information about the cvsnt mailing list
Download the latest CVSNT, TortosieCVS, WinCVS etc. for Windows 8 etc.
@CVSNT on Twitter   CVSNT on Facebook