[cvsnt] Re: Using Modules file in CVSROOT to remap directories on client side checkout

Brian J. Davis davisb at orbitec.com
Mon Feb 7 20:41:29 GMT 2005

When I use the comand cvs ls (shown below) I do get the listing of the
Virtual modules (thank you for the idea - I just didn't think of trying the
obvious).

I am trying to use WinCVS to retrieve the virtual modules.  This seems now a
WinCVS issue.  It seems as though the command line CVS is giving me what I
would expect but WinCVS (CVSGUI) is not.

C:\projects>cvs ls
Listing modules on server

CVSROOT
CVSTestLibrary1
CVSTestProject1
CVSTestProject2
CVSTesting
CVSVendorSuppliedSrc
Testing

Virtual modules on server (CVSROOT/modules file)

AliasModule  -a
CVSTestProject2/CVSTestProject1/prj2dir1level1/prj2dir1level2
CVSTestProject2/CVSTestProject1/prj2dir2level1/prj2dir1level2/prj2dir2level2File2.txt
Libraries    CVSTestLibrary1
Project2     CVSTestProject2
aahprjsrc    AliasModule
hybridproj   -d AAHNew Libraries aahprjsrc

Then I try to check out the the Libraries (a simple example) and what
follows is what I see.

C:\softwareDevelopment\projects\testCVS>cvs co Libraries
cvs checkout: cwd=C:\softwareDevelopment\projects\testCVS
,current=C:\softwareDe
velopment\projects\testCVS
cvs server: cwd=C:\Program Files\GNU\WinCvs 1.3\CVSNT\Temp\cvs-serv4060
,current
=C:\Program Files\GNU\WinCvs 1.3\CVSNT\Temp\cvs-serv4060
cvs server: Updating Libraries
cvs server: Updating Libraries/lib1dir1level1
U Libraries/lib1dir1level1/lib1dir1level1file1.txt
U Libraries/lib1dir1level1/lib1dir1level1file2.txt
cvs server: Updating Libraries/lib1dir1level1/lib1dir1level2
U Libraries/lib1dir1level1/lib1dir1level2/lib1dir1level2file1.txt

Proving that it is a CVSGUI problem.

Thank you

Brian.