[cvsnt] Re: Using Modules file in CVSROOT to remap directories on client side checkout

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Mon Feb 7 22:40:17 GMT 2005

Brian J. Davis wrote:

> When I use the comand cvs ls (shown below) I do get the listing of
> the Virtual modules (thank you for the idea - I just didn't think of
> trying the obvious).
>
> I am trying to use WinCVS to retrieve the virtual modules.  This
> seems now a WinCVS issue.  It seems as though the command line CVS is
> giving me what I would expect but WinCVS (CVSGUI) is not.

I'm not entirely sure I understand the problem but if all you're
complaining about is that WinCvs is not listing the virtual modules
when you have the "List" checkbox checked then that's by design. I
agree that it's rather unobvious the way it is at the moment but that's
how it is:
The "List" checkbox toggles between cvs co -c (i.e. virtual modules)
and cvs ls -e (i.e. physical modules).

IOW: Solution: Uncheck "List".

Hope this helps.

--