[cvsnt] Re: Status?: rename support

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Feb 9 16:59:42 GMT 2005

bryce.schober at gmail.com wrote:
> I just recently heard about the "experimental" rename support in
> cvsnt, which I've been aching for... to the point of thinking about
> switching over to subversion. What is the basic status of the rename
> support? Is the backend for it stable? In other words, if I can get it
> to work, will those changes be effective in the future? Or should I
> just leave it alone for now?

It works for the simple cases, which are renaming within a directory (a
bit quirky but does so). Whatever works in the future will always be
backward compatible (it'll have to be, as the cvsnt repository has a few
renamed files in it now).

The easiest way to rename is still to do an add/remove pair, which is
the old-fashioned way and always works.