[cvsnt] Re: Cannot set CVSNT server to client CVSNT compatibility

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Feb 15 18:44:07 GMT 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 13:02:07 -0500, "Vanier, Alexandre"
<avanier at jamdat.ca> wrote:
>Well I'm not trying to accomplish something in particular, but I tought,
>that since all the cvs client on the network are all using CVSNT already
>(version 2.0.62 also) I guessed that when I saw this setting I tought
>that I should set it to CVSNT client compatibility instead of the
>generic non-cvsnt client.  But alas, the feature is not working on my
>server, anyway I can live without it also.  I was mostly wondering if it
>was a bug or not but you confirmed me that it's working on your side.
>So I guess that my CVSNT server got some problem with that part.

You still don't understand what this does...
There are 2 sets of checkboxes, one for the 'Generic non-cvsnt' client
and one for the CVSNT client.
You select which to *display* using the combobox and then you set the
flags for that client type. So first set the non-cvsnt to something,
then change the combo to cvsnt and set it to something else.
Now change the combo back to the non-cvs and you will see how the
flags change depending on the displayed client type.

CVSNT keeps all of these 6 flags separately in the registry and by
decoding the client call it senses which client type is calling and
applies the correct behaviour depending on this.
The combobox is not a setting in itself, it could have been replaced
by a tabbed dialogue instead with the same result. Its displayed item
is not saved.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)