[cvsnt]2003 server incompatibilty

Jochem Wichers Hoeth wiho at wihome.net
Wed Feb 16 10:54:50 GMT 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Bo Berglund wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:00:52 +0100, "Stephane Antonietti"
> <stephane at experian-scorex.com> wrote:
>
> >I've just set up a cvsnt server on a 2003 box. nt server is working fine
> >  but pserver is failing returning "switch to user failed due to
> >confiruation error."
> >This problem seems to be already raised. Did anybody sorted out this issue.
>
> I never use anything else but sspi protocol.
> I think that the user impersonation via pserver may be the problem you
> have, so under what account does CVSNT service run (you can look in
> Administrative Tools/Services if you don't know. Default is to run as
> SYSTEM and that is also the best. If you change that then you will get
> all kinds of configuration problems.

I've noticed that on recent Windows Server 2003 installations I did, the
SYSTEM account did *not* have the impersonate right. I had to use
the Local Security Settings manager to add the SYSTEM account to the list
of accounts that have the impersonate right.

Alternatively you could run the cvs service under the SERVICE account,
which does seem to have the impersonate right on a default WS2003
installation.

Cheers,
Jochem