[cvsnt]2003 server incompatibilty

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Feb 15 19:59:07 GMT 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:28:41 +0100, "Stephane Antonietti"
<stephane at experian-scorex.com> wrote:

>2.0.58d is the version
>i'm using ntserver because a lot of my user were using it on cvs 1.x
>version on W2k
>then we move to W2k3 and I had troubles.
>the user account used is System
>You are right, my problem come from impersonation.
>
>in addition I'm using pserver because we have users connected remotely
>through a VPN connection ( PIX )

Stephane,
we also were using :ntserver: for a number of years, then CVSNT
introduced :sspi: and we switched to that. It works exacly the same as
:ntserver: so there is no big change in implemnting it. Just tell the
users to replace :ntserver: by :sspi: and you are done.
For existing sandboxes you can use the CHANGEROOT macro in WinCvs
(provided your clients use that GUI) or go in and edit the CV/Root
files throughout the checked out sandbox and replace ntserver with
sspi. This is a simple search-and-replace operation.

Concerning the unix developers, I too have this. We are mostly Windows
people, but two of our developers are on unix. So what I did was this:
- On the server I created a local account named cvsuser
- I gave this user the needed permissions on the repository
- Then I used the cvs passwd command to create two pserver logins
- Both of these were aliased to the cvsuser account
- I gave each of these their own passwords through cvs passwd
- The passwords are just valid for CVS, no domain pwds are in use here

Now the two developers use :pserver: to work with CVS and it all works
out just fine.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)