[cvsnt]2003 server incompatibilty

Stephane Antonietti stephane at experian-scorex.com
Tue Feb 15 19:28:41 GMT 2005

2.0.58d is the version
i'm using ntserver because a lot of my user were using it on cvs 1.x
version on W2k

then we move to W2k3 and I had troubles.

the user account used is System

You are right, my problem come from impersonation.

in addition I'm using pserver because we have users connected remotely
through a VPN connection ( PIX )

Stephane

Bo Berglund wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:00:52 +0100, "Stephane Antonietti"
> <stephane at experian-scorex.com> wrote:
>

>>I've just set up a cvsnt server on a 2003 box. nt server is working fine
>> but pserver is failing returning "switch to user failed due to
>>confiruation error."
>>This problem seems to be already raised. Did anybody sorted out this issue.
>

> What version of CVSNT did you install?
> What do you mean by nt server is working fine? Are you using the
> depreciated :ntserver: protocol, or are you using :sspi:?
>
> I have had zero problems when I installed CVSNT on a W2003 server, but
> I never use anything else but sspi protocol.
> I think that the user impersonation via pserver may be the problem you
> have, so under what account does CVSNT service run (you can look in
> Administrative Tools/Services if you don't know. Default is to run as
> SYSTEM and that is also the best. If you change that then you will get
> all kinds of configuration problems.
>

> /Bo
> (Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)

Stephane Antonietti
Sr Technical Consultant

Experian-Scorex, Monaco
Tel : +377 97 98 54 89
Fax: +377 97 98 54 54
Mob:+377 678 635 347
stephane at experian-scorex.com
www.experian-scorex.com
This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential and/or legally privileged. If you have received this e-mail and you are not a named addressee, please inform the Experian-Scorex IT Service Desk on +377 97 98 54 54 and then delete the e-mail from your system. If you are not a named addressee you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Although Experian-Scorex routinely screens for viruses, addressees should scan this e-mail and any attachments for viruses. Experian-Scorex makes no representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this E-mail or any attachments. Please note that to ensure regulatory compliance and for the protection of its clients and business, Experian-Scorex may monitor and read e-mails sent to and from its servers