[cvsnt] cvs update problem

Hakan Keklik hakan at intouchsol.com
Mon Jan 3 20:17:56 GMT 2005

Hi,
We are using cvs mainly for java web applications development. We have a
requirement to update our development environment after each commit.
We have a cvs repository box and an application server box. After each
commit application server files are xcopied from a local sandbox on cvs
server.
I have wrote a batch file to update the local sandbox on cvs server and
after updating that local sandbox changes are copied over to the application
server.

In my CVSROOT\loginfo file I call a windows batch file that does below
tasks;

1- run CVSMailer
2- call another batch file to update local sandbox(on cvs machine). Second
batch file updates the local sandbox like this
	cvs.exe -d :local:%CVSROOT% update -d
3- Then the files inside the local repository are copied to the app server
with xcopy.

Problem is there's a glitch especially with the new added files. If I add a
file(s)/folder(s) to cvs and commit it, new  file(s)/folder(s) added to cvs,
however the local sandbox on cvs machine is not updated (even after
cvs.exe -d :local:%CVSROOT% update -d) but when I manually update this local
sandbox via Tortoise new file(s)/folder(s) are being added. How can I update
this local sandbox so everytime I add new things its kept updated? Or is
there a better way to implement this?

Thanks

Hakan Keklik