[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.0.58 - verifymsg file does not work with sserver protocol

Seda Daglar e116465 at ceng.metu.edu.tr
Tue Jan 11 15:25:08 GMT 2005

Hello,

I am trying to verify commit log messages, utilizing CVSROOT/verifymsg file. The content of the verifymsg file is as follows:

DEFAULT myscript

If the log message is not proper, the script returns 1; otherwise 0.

When I try to commit a file using TortoiseCVS client, I receive the following error message:

cvs commit: Read data failed (5): error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)
cvs [commit aborted]: reading from server: error -1

If I clear the verifymsg file, everything goes ok.

Is there any idea about the reason of this error message?

Have a good day...

Seda DAGLAR TOPRAK