[cvsnt] Two questions concerning bug ids

Andreas Tscharner andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch
Tue Jan 18 07:33:46 GMT 2005

Hello Tony, hello World,

I have two questions concerning bug ids as mentioned in cvs commit

1) -b/-B option
I do not completely understand the difference between the

-b

and the

-B

option. I think
cvs commit -B MyBug1 .
will commit all changed files in the current directory. Afterwards I can
commit like this
cvs commit -b MyBug1 .
where only the changed files that are previously commited as MyBug1 are
commited. Am I right?

2) Merging patchsets/changesets using this bug IDs
Is it planned to use these bug ids for merging? At the moment, the
update command does not mention the bug ids, but it would be very
convenient to say

cvs update -b MyBug1 -j MyBranch1

to merge only the changes that were made to fix MyBug1

Thanks and best regards
	Andreas
Andreas Tscharner                          andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch