[cvsnt] Re: Two questions concerning bug ids

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Jan 18 08:52:02 GMT 2005

Andreas Tscharner wrote:
> option. I think
> cvs commit -B MyBug1 .
> will commit all changed files in the current directory. Afterwards I can
> commit like this
> cvs commit -b MyBug1 .
> where only the changed files that are previously commited as MyBug1 are
> commited. Am I right?

-b is used with cvs edit -b, so you can start work on a bug then commit
just those changes.

  > 2) Merging patchsets/changesets using this bug IDs
> Is it planned to use these bug ids for merging? At the moment, the
> update command does not mention the bug ids, but it would be very
> convenient to say
>
> cvs update -b MyBug1 -j MyBranch1
>
> to merge only the changes that were made to fix MyBug1

-b is already used for branchpoint merges...  -B will perform a merge of
just the bug, however it isn't as useful as it seems - because you're
only getting a subset of the changes to the branch, you get a lot more
conflicts.