[cvsnt] Re: One instance of CVSNT interferes with another

J F unsecure9 at rogers.com
Tue Jan 25 15:50:55 GMT 2005

hi,

>[TH]It's clearly not a different archive... there's no physical way for cvs processes to affect each other as they are different processes.
>[TH]Basically your second command is modifying the file that the first command is using, so it fails...

Tony, please re-read my email. That first capture shows what happens when only one of the commands is run, i.e. the successful scenario. After that, I showed the first command again, this time interrupted by the second command.

Command 1 = cvs commit -F log.txt -r 1.4 makefile
Command 2 = cvs rlog 7030/flash/flash.mk

Clearly different archives -- "9400/makefile" versus "7030/flash/flash.mk"!

And yes of course the cvs processes can affect each other, since they are both requesting services from the same cvs server, operating on the same repository. As I reported, there is interference. Reason and mechanics unknown.

--jsf