[cvsnt] Re: Why must I have a lockserver running locally when accessing remote?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Jan 25 22:40:57 GMT 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:19:26 -0700, Glen Starrett <grstarrett at cox.net>
wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>  > cvs -z9 diff -r 1.106.2.146 -r 1.106.2.148 server.cpp server.cpp (in
>> directory F:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\src\)
>> cvs server: connect to 127.0.0.1(localhost):2402 failed: Unknown error
>
>Looks like the server can't access it's lockserver for some reason.  The
>server connects to localhost (itself) because by default the LockServer
>is restricted to localhost only.  Did you add a firewall / etc. since
>last using that server?  Maybe LockServer is running but somehow hung
>(never heard of that happening though)??

Hmmm, this is Tony's server! I am checking his work on the cvsnt
development because I am curious when the bugs we have seen will go
away. So there were some activity on the cvsnt-commits newsgroup and I
wanted to see what had been done. So I:
- cvs update in the src dir. Worked fine.
- Graphed the server.cpp file. Worked fine
- Selected two revisions and hit the diff button. Error message

Since then no matter what I do towards his server I get this
message...
Also on command line cvs update in the src folder..

Can you confirm that this is seen by you as well (assuming you have
checked out sources of cvsnt)?

I guess I was fooled by the "localhost" message coming over from the
server, it is localhost as seen from the server process of course.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)