[cvsnt] Re: Why must I have a lockserver running locally when accessing remote?

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Jan 25 22:19:26 GMT 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:
  > cvs -z9 diff -r 1.106.2.146 -r 1.106.2.148 server.cpp server.cpp (in
> directory F:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\src\)
> cvs server: connect to 127.0.0.1(localhost):2402 failed: Unknown error

Looks like the server can't access it's lockserver for some reason.  The
server connects to localhost (itself) because by default the LockServer
is restricted to localhost only.  Did you add a firewall / etc. since
last using that server?  Maybe LockServer is running but somehow hung
(never heard of that happening though)??

It's the cvsnt server that's having the problem, not WinCVS (confirm at
command line, of course).

--
Glen Starrett