[cvsnt] cvs server : cannot write entry to log filter

Mascoli Lara l.mascoli at gea.fr
Wed Jan 26 10:20:30 GMT 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to set the commitinfo file with CVSNT (I am under Windows XP).
I've wrote the following line in the commitinfo file :

Repository2/Module_2_2 	C:/CVS/UnixUtils/bin/sh.exe	C:/cvsstore/CVSROOT/usersfilter.sh %p

where
	C:/CVS/UnixUtils/bin/sh.exe is the path to execute shell scripts under Windows
	C:/cvsstore/CVSROOT/usersfilter.sh is the path that leads to my filter

My filter consist in validating whether a cvs user has write-access or not on some defined directories :
	# !/bin/sh
	#
	case "$USER" in
	    "lara")
		exit 0;
		;;
	    *)
		exit 1;
	esac

When I try to commit with user 'lara' or with an other existing CVS user, I have got the following error message under WinCVS :
cvs server: Script execution failed: Permission denied
cvs server: cannot write entry to log filter: C:/CVS/UnixUtils/bin/sh.exe	C:/cvsstore/CVSROOT/usersfilter.sh %p
cvs server: Pre-commit check failed
cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!

Both my binary sh.exe and my script usersfilter have full controll for everybody.

Could you tell me what i am doing wrong ?

Thanks,
L. Mascoli