[cvsnt] Permission-error when checking out a module from TortoiseCVS

Ulf ulto at bonetmail.com
Thu Jan 27 18:00:04 GMT 2005

Hi,
I get permission-error when checking out a module.

I have the following environment:

Server: Win XP 2002, SP2, and  CVSNT 2.0.58d  (and for test TortoiseCVS
1.8.11).
Client:  Win XP 2002, SP2 and TortoiseCVS 1.8.11

User and passwd (that I use) are same on both server and client, and both
have Admin rights.
I use "sspi" and have tried "pserver" also.

When checking out a module at the client I get this error from TortoiseCVS :
cvs [server aborted]: can't create temporary directory
D:\cvstmp/cvs-serv1080: Permission denied

I can do the same operation from the TortoiseCVS located on the Server, and
that works fine, also commit etc.

Everything is located on harddrives, no netdrives.

Any hint please ?