[cvsnt] Re: Protocol :ext: not working

Gill Ernst Ernst.Gill at sat-automation.com
Mon Jul 4 11:34:32 BST 2005

> Gill Ernst wrote:
> > It's working perfect with CVSNT 2.5.01 1902,
> >
> > But it is NOT working with 2.5.01 1998 !!!

> The examples I gave were tested with 1998... that
> code hasn't changed between 1902 and 1998 anyway..
> it's fairly static.

> > I have set the following environment:
> >
> > C:\>set cvs
> > CVS_RSH="C:/Program Files/CVSNT/extnt.exe"
> >
> > This is what I get:
> >
> > C:\>cvs -d :ext:vcl134:/sw-aut ls
> > [80090308] The parameter is incorrect.
> > cvs ls: warning: unrecognized response `' from cvs server
> > cvs [ls aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
> > any)
> >
> :ext: is working.  It looks like there's something wrong with your
SSPI
> conection.

> > [80090308] The parameter is incorrect.

> Not sure what that one is... never seen it in production.. it implies
> system call has failed but there's probably no easy way of finding out

> which one.

> Your two commands aren't exactly equivalent - :ext: always sends a
> username, whether you specify one or not, so it's doing the equivalent
of:

> cvs -d :sspi:user at vsll123:/sw-aut ls

> Tony

Yes, you are right. It's working if I using my production CVSNT server.

But I have also running a CVSNT test server (vcl134) where I check any
new
CVS tool releases. I running in this problem when I use the client and
the server on the same machine (vcl134). And yes, you are right if I use
cvs -d :sspi:user at vcl134:/sw-aut I see the same error as with :ext:.

At Microsoft I found the following:

The 80090308 return code maps to SEC_E_INVALID_TOKEN, which means that
a security token was found to be improperly formatted.

But I have no idea why it's working without username,
and NOT working with username (even when I force the domain name).

	Ernst