[cvsnt] Re: Stable / Recommended release criteria

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Jul 8 19:05:12 BST 2005

Daniel Lapolla wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I'd like to receive some advice to choose the latest recommended build
> of CVSNT, in order to upgrade our production environment.
>
> What is the recommended build today? I'm a little confused with the
> release candidate/stable tags shown at the blog history page.

The current stable release is always what's on the march-hare cvsnt page.

> The latest release candidate is 2.5.01.2013. Is build 2013 more stable
> than 1976?

It has some bugs fixed, but also has other changes which are less well
tested.  I believe 2013 to be stable but it's not gone through the extra
testing that a stable release gets.

> Which one should I stick to? 1969, 1976 or 2013?

Essentially, whatever works for you :)  If you're waiting for a bug to
be fixed it's more likely to be in the latest testing release, however
if everything works and you don't need any new feature sticking with
stable means you don't have to worry too much about upgrades for a while.