[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT 2.5.01 (Travis) Build 1969 - Latest Stable Build. CVSLock crashes

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Jul 19 08:37:35 BST 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> Oliver Giesen wrote:
> > FWIW: I also infrequently experienced this on my home machine after
> > some of the CVSNT upgrades. The error dialog appears even before the
> > login prompt appears, i.e. right when the services are started. This
> > was on W2K Pro.
> > It just went away eventually. I don't remember doing anything in
> > particular that stopped it from happening.
> > I also never had this problem on my work machine (also W2K Pro) or
> > on my notebook (XP SP2).
>
> I wonder if it's always on Win2k...
>
> Did you have different service packs/patches on the two machines?

Might be. We don't install hotfixes as often at work as I do at home
what with being behind a real tight firewall and all. The service pack
was SP4 in both cases however. Then again the biggest difference
between the two machines would probably be that the one at home (i.e.
the one that occasionally had the error) is running a German version of
Windows while the one at work is the standard English one.
I'm not sure when was the last time this happened. I'm quite sure it
hasn't happened for at least three releases or so (including the dev
builds).

Cheers,

--
Oliver