[cvsnt] checkcvswrappers (revision 1.5)

Gabriel Genellina gagenellina at softlab.com.ar
Tue Jul 12 05:51:12 BST 2005

At Monday 11/7/2005 13:46, David Somers wrote:

>I have now released checkcvswrappers (revision 1.5)
>
>It is for the GNU/Linux platform only, but if enough people ask me nicely I
>will port to Windows (its fairly trivial to do so).

I tried to port it to Windows but failed to get the appropiate libraries to
compile successfully.
So I decided to port your program to Python (which appears to me, being
much better suited than "raw" C code for this task...) and then, honoring
Python's "batteries included" philosophy, I had no need for any external
library (and that makes me happy :) )

In the process I noticed the following:
- in CrunchFile, you forgot to initialize the `offset` variable
- the tests in CrunchFile must be reordered, utf32le_bom is never fired
because it's masked by utf16le_bom which comes first.

If anyone wants the Python version, just tell me.

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL