[cvsnt] Re: Updates changes timestamp for no reason (build 2013)???

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Jul 22 09:16:55 BST 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:
> I have noted a strange behaviour in CVS lately that I did not see
> before:
> When updating a module *all* files are listed with the U prefix and
> the timestamp of the files are moved up to Now() even though the file
> itself has not changed at all either in the repository or locally.

That sounds like you have issues with timestamps (although even then it
would normally just cause extra network traffic).  The only thing I can
think of that might do it is network shares.

I've never heard of anything giving the symptoms you describe.

> Is this a known problem with the client (build 2013) or where do I
> start looking?

Things like whether to update are entirely server side - the client just
does what it's told.