[cvsnt] Windows Server 2003 service pack 1 install broke my cvsnt

David L. Nadle david at nadle.com
Fri Jul 29 19:04:41 BST 2005

> A security setting that doesn't allow local logins, perhaps?

I'm fairly certain the local policy is the same as always.

> There will be something changed on that machine.. it might be worth

The SP1 is quite extensive. I haven't yet found anything in the release
notes that looks promising.

Could you elaborate a bit on what would cause the error message:
Cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server <server> rejected
access to /cvsroot for user <user>.

Sounds to me like it could be a problem with SSPI authentication.
Running a cvs login with the cvs root string of
:sspi:Administrator at hostname:/cvsroot returns the same error. I've been
focusing on what changes SP1 might have made in this area, but it would
be helpful if I knew a little more about what cvsnt does, up until
writing that error message to the console.

Regards,
David Nadle