[cvsnt] Setting ACL to work on a GROUP of people?

dzielke at aep.com dzielke at aep.com
Fri Jul 29 20:19:49 BST 2005

I'm running CVSNT 2.0.58d (on RHEL3), and I'm trying to run cvs chacl to
set the permission for users.  I thought I read that it can be set to
limit based on a group... but it's not working.  I did the following:

1. Set the owner of the directory.
2. Set the permission for two userids to read,write,create,tag,control.
3. Ran cvs chacl -u ProjMgr -a read,write,create,tag,nocontrol, where
ProjMgr is an entry in the $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/group file that has two
userid's associated with it.
4. Set the permissions for everyone else to
read,nowrite,nocreate,notag,nocontrol.
5. As one of the ProjMgr users (who does not have admin rights), did a cvs
checkout on the folder.
6. Edited a file.
7. Tried to commit the file, which was denied.

Is group based permission only allowed in later (2.5.01.nnnn) builds? This
is on page 26 of the cvsnt manual for 2.5.01.1921, in section 3.4

Thanks,
Don Zielke
American Electric Power
Direct (614) 583-6337